Star Custom Line
Introducing the new 2013 Raider SCL -- a very special, very limited production Raider for those wanting a truly unique chopper-inspired machine. Only 500 will be built and will feature everything that makes the Raider SCL one of the world's great performance cruisers, and more.
Raider SCL (Star Custom Line) comes equipped with billet wheels & pulley, custom leather seat, braided stainless steel throttle cables, clutch and brake hoses.
• The limited production Raider SCL is loaded with premium cruiser features. Crafted for riders who value exclusivity, only 500 of these exceptional machines will be built.
• The 2013 Raider SCL features newly developed, rich Crimson Red paint accented with an Intense Black color. The bike is hand-painted by skilled craftsmen to deliver premium quality the discerning rider is looking for. The 2013 Raider SCL simply stands out from the crowd.
• Stainless steel mesh throttle cables as well as clutch and brake lines give this bike a premium look.
• Custom 5-spoke chrome wheels co-developed by Star and Performance Machine, with matching chrome pulley and chrome belt guard, help elevate the Raider SCL to a true production custom.
• Great attention to detail was taken into consideration when designing the genuine leather two-tone seat with embroidered SCL logo, and matching beige stitching – keeping the discerning cruiser customer in mind. Over time, the seat will develop a character of its own and will be unlike any other. The top panels of the seat have crocodile-pattern embossing on the leather for 2013.
• An exclusive metal SCL badge with hologram is placed on top of the fuel tank as a constant reminder to its owner that only 500 of these unique machines exist.
New for 2013:
• Clutch has light, easy-pull operation — 20% less effort at the lever than before.
• 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful, relaxed cruising.
• Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
• Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding reliability and longer engine life.
• 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
• Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
• A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for great performance and clean styling.
• Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP®) inside boosts torque in the 2500~3500-rpm range.
• Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
• All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid, and tuned for light, athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
• Low, sculpted rider and passenger seat of exclusive, two-toned genuine leather with orange stitching set this bike apart while maintaining the Raider SCL's casual, urban cruising style ergonomics.
• A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and 102mm of trail.
• Custom 5-spoke wheels co-developed by Star and Performance Machine are chrome plated for uncommon custom beauty. There’s 120/70-21-inch tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 out back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star.
• 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
• A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
• The flangeless fuel tank gets two-tone Crimson Red/Intense Black paint for a rich, high quality look. It carries a full 4.2 gallons of fuel for an excellent cruising range.
• Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
• Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded carbon fiber for even greater strength.
• Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness and lighter weight, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the handlebar for a clean appearance.
• Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
• Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Raider SCL.
• Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight, and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.